Map


View Baseball Road Trips in a larger map

Monday, September 16, 2013

Shuffles, Subtractions and Additions

It wouldn't be a true Baseball Road Trip season without some sort of shuffle, additions or subtractions. As the season winds down, this is the case as I have decided to change a few things for the end of the season.

First, I will not be going to Oakland this week for the Oakland Finale. It was actually rather difficult to put together an actual trip outside of the baseball game because nobody was able to, or unwilling, to hang out. I really wanted to not go solo for this trip, so I just decided to not go.

However, in a last ditch attempt at seeing a game down there, I'm going to hedge my bets a little and count on the A's making the playoffs and going down for that sometime in early October. I don't really know when I'll go, and a lot is still in the air, but I'm going to try and make it down to the Coliseum for my very first MLB postseason game.

In the interim, I have decided to make one last trip back up to Seattle for their final home game of the season. I kind of felt that since I started the season in Seattle with Fan Fest, and that I went to three games on three separate road trips, it would only make sense to conclude the season, in a definite sense, with a trip to Seattle. My girlfriend agreed to go with me and to drive, so on the 29th, we'll see them take on the A's for the last time in 2013.

That's it for now. The leaves are changing colors and football has begun, so I'm writing the final chapters for what has been an incredible ride.

Always take on a 3-0 pitch ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment